Splung.com Physics Forum Forum Index Splung.com Physics Forum
Discuss physics or ask questions. Part of the Splung.com physics web site.

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ajustment of the human anatomy to the earths surface

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Splung.com Physics Forum Forum Index -> Physics Help. Ask a Physics Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelo N Ferrara DC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Ajustment of the human anatomy to the earths surface Reply with quote

I am doing some research on spinal function. My findiings suggest that the living spine reponds or is influenced by earth tilt curvature and rotation,my resuts suggest the the spine has a limited capacity of eight percent or 7.2 degrees to adjust to the earths surface and rotation. is there a physics solution to this problem.[/list]
hepcj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if I understand you correctly, are you are saying that the spinning of the Earth around its inclined axis has a measurable effect on the spine of an animal? If so, in what respect and how do you measure this?
Angelo N Ferrara DC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My findings indicate that a study of 673 cases shows the primary alignment problem is anterior left sided pelvic sacral fault and that this is associated with a contralateal right spinal adapation. If you are interested I can send you the section of the book that explaions this My theory is that these findings are an adaptive mechansm to the tilt of the globe and the rotational forces that are not preceptible but still exist and that in order for man to have suceesfully adapated to the upright position the stabilizing mechanism described in my work evoled to accomplish the erect posture.
hepcj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure that the Earth's rotation would cause this but if this were true then how about sampling cases in the Southern hemisphere, perhaps you would expect to see the opposite pelvic abnormality? I am not an expert in biology but fictitious forces such as the Coriolis effect happen on a large scale.
Angelo N Ferrara DC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting idea you would have to use the same proctol that yielded the result here to get a comaprison however since the rotation is still in the same direction in the southern hemphisere as it is here why we have a different Result ?
The questions still remains unanswered does earth tilt curvature and velocity of rotation affect spinal accomadation to the upright posture are we really perpendicular to the earth when we stand or do we we compenste to these forces as my work suggest by 8 percent. We are talking about a flexible rod with rotational function built in ? How would gravitational forces interplay with the other factors mentioned and how does the Focault Pendulum pendulum relate to this
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Splung.com Physics Forum Forum Index -> Physics Help. Ask a Physics Expert All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: